A man aged 68, named as Manuel R C, suffered serious burns to more than 50 per cent of his body following a butane gas explosion in his home. Last night, doctors were considering the possibility of evacuating him to the Vall d'Hebron hospital in Barcelona, which has a burns unit, because of the seriousness of his condition. The accident occurred at 3pm yesterday in Calle Pólvora, in the Puig de Sant Pere district. Police sources said that there were several butane gas bottles in the kitchen and one of them is believed to have been defective, and leaking gas, which built up in the kitchen. Other people living in the building, in one of the oldest parts of the city, were uninjured. The kitchen where the explosion took place suffered serious damage.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.