Eight children aged between six and eight years were rushed to hospital on Thursday afternoon after eating poisonous berries. The six girls and two boys picked the berries from the grounds of the Verge del Carme primary school in Mahon and as soon as teachers were aware of what had happened, all of the children were taken to a local clinic. The Health and Agricultural ministries were contacted in order to ascertain just how poisonous the red berries are and the eight were subsequently taken to hospital where doctors were in contact with the specialists in Madrid. All of the children were treated immediately and doctors said that all responded well to the treatment and that none of the eight showed signs of serious side effects. The patients spent the night in hospital under surveillance and all of the children were discharged yesterday.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.