637

Some clients moved to another hotel

20-08-2013
Over 300 tourists, many of them British and of all ages, were evacuated from the Hotel Rey Don Jaime in Santa Ponsa on Friday night after a suspected short circuit started a fire in a storeroom on the first floor of the hotel. The fire started shortly after 10pm and although the material in the room was inflammable, within minutes dense smoke had engulfed the first floor. With little hesitation, the management evacuated the hotel with most of the guests in their rooms. The well organised evacuation was carried out very quickly with the only incident involving a few “nervous” holidaymakers. Within minutes the local police, Guardia Civil, Civil Defence and fire services were at the scene as the emergency operation swung in to action. The dense smoke prevented firemen from gaining access to the fire, but they managed to get to the blaze via a balcony and extinguish the fire quickly. Police and fire inspectors checked the whole building before the guests were allowed to return to the rooms by around 1am yesterday morning.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.