A 35-year-old British man died on Sunday after fire swept through the bedroom of his Palma flat while he was asleep and alone in the property. According to the Palma fire service, the blaze at the apartment in calle Joan Miro, started at 3pm. When firemen arrived at the scene, having been alerted by neighbours who raised the alarm when smoke started billowing out of one of the windows, the body of Michael Cole was found severely burnt. According to fire chiefs, the fire appears to have been started by a lit cigarette which may have dropped out of Cole's hand as he fell asleep. The victim had only moved into the apartment, with two flatmates, three weeks ago after having apparently separated from his wife.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.