And occupancy in Majorca is pretty decent in September. At least 85% has been forecast.

07-09-2011Pedro Prieto

According to figures released by the National Statistics Institute, there was 91.1% hotel occupancy in the Balearics last month. This was the highest occupancy rate in the country and above a national average of 77.5%. One out of three overnight stays in a hotel by foreign visitors was in the Balearics.

Majorca as a whole registered the highest occupancy - 91.9%. In the Palma-Calvia zone it was 91.3%. In Minorca the figure was 89.55% and in Ibiza/Formentera it was 88.67%. However, Formentera on its own had an occupancy of 97.5%.

In Spain as a whole there was a 0.5% rise in hotel overnight stays compared with August 2016. The total of 46.72 million stays was a record for a single month. Employment in the hotel sector rose by 4.7% in August.

The British accounted for 21.7% of hotel stays, followed by the Germans with 19.7%. Hotel prices in August were up by 6.5% over last year.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Ron / Hace 3 months

91.9% occupancy of hotels here. It is an interesting fact that according to the MDB holiday accommodation survey only 37.1% of those who participated would stay in a hotel, whereas the rest - 62.9% prefer apartments, villas and town houses. Ridiculous that the hoteliers can hold this pathetic government to ransom over holiday lets.

+9-

L / Hace 3 months

Will those figures continue next year? I doubt it, the way some of the local population are acting against tourists those figures could be well down, with other Countries now taking tourists again and new ones starting up there is a pull away from what was once the friendly Island of Majorca. If they leave then most will not return. So well done to the local people who want us tourists to stay away, it could well happen, and i'm sorry to the Locals who want tourism to earn their living.

+15-